Selling, Marketing & Distributing Film: The Process, Demystified
Duration: 2 days
Times: approx. 9.30am-6pm (plus Fri eve networking drinks)
Capacity: Max. 25-30 participants
Fee: £300 10% Early Bird discount available for limited period.
Do you know how your project fits into the marketplace, and what practical things you can do to ensure a greater chance of success? Do you want to make films, but have no idea of how to get them to be seen by an audience?
Do you know exactly how the international and domestic marketplaces work? Do you know exactly what a sales agent and distributor does and why?
Have you been involved in making a film and found that part easy but been completely mystified by the sales, distribution and marketing process? Do you worry about how the business models are changing but not know how to keep up?
In this intensive 2-day workshop, Oscar winning producer and marketeer Mia Bays presents an A-Z guide to the current sales marketing and distribution landscape, with advice and contacts from over 20 years in the film industry.
The workshop features:
- Industry guests, including leading independent distributors, sales agents, marketeers, digital specialists, producers and cinema bookers. They'll be discussing strategy, implementation and results across UK and International.
- Case studies of recent and forthcoming UK cinema releases.
- Extensive access to the facts, figures and tricks of the trade from an insider's point of view.
- Networking drinks at LFS.
Ideal for producers, writers, directors and other film professionals at all levels from entry level to veterans – top up your knowledge!
Most recent guests included:
- Charles Gant - film critic and editor of the Guardian Box Office Blog
- Gali Gold - film curator at the Barbican Centre
- Lucy Barclay - from Target Media, one of the UK’s top media strategists
- Kristin Ryan - Director of Home Entertainment, StudioCanal
- Matt Baker - Head of Production and Acquisitions at Hanway Films (CAROL, BROOKLYN, ANOMALISA)
- Andrew Woodyatt - Exhibition and distribution marketing specialist, (now of the Rio Cinema, formerly Cineworld and Revolver)
- Joanna Duncombe - cinema programmer for the ICO and film festival producer (East End, LSFF, Birds Eye View)
Watch Mia in action! The following videos are excerpts from the 2012 Fast Forward Producing programme at LFS.