Our Directors' Package allows those who book 3 or more directing workshops to claim a 20% discount. With a guaranteed saving of over £100, there's never been a better way to come and see what we're up to at LFS!
Wherever you find the green Directors' Package logo you'll find a tried-and-tested workshop, lead by a top quality tutor - and a fantastic opportunity to save.
Topics include working with actors, working with writers, visual storytelling, character, storyboarding, pitching your film, prepping your film for production... and more!
Click on the course titles below to learn more about the workshops available. Scroll through the testimonials on the right to find out how the previous participants for these workshops fed back. And when you're ready, get all the booking information you need at the bottom of this page.
Directors' Package Workshops:
Music Licensing in Film & TV
In this intensive 1-day workshop, leading UK Music Supervisor & Record Company Executive Ian Neil and expert industry guests explore the complexities of placing music onto film. The course is open to all filmmakers, with particular relevance to producers, directors and post production, as well as media lawyers and music composers.
Date: Thu 23 Mar 2017
Normal fee: £120 Package fee: £96
The Director/ Actor Collaboration: Essential Techniques for Directors
Experience leading TV director Tim Fywell’s approach to acting and directing first hand, through a series of practical script-based exercises. Eight participants will alternately give and take direction; first working with each other, then with professional actors.
Dates: Sat 8 & Sun 9 Apr 2017
Normal fee: £420 Package fee: £350
Selling, Marketing & Distributing Film: The Process, Demystified
Mia Bays presents an A-Z guide to the current sales marketing and distribution landscape, featuring industry guests, case studies of recent and forthcoming UK cinema releases, extensive access to facts and figures, and networking drinks.
Dates: Fri 28 & Sat 29 April 2017
Normal fee: £300 Package fee: £240
Other workshops included in the package are listed below. They will be available to book as soon as new dates have been confirmed:
- Visual Storytelling: An Introduction for Directors, Writers & Producers
- Story Is Character: The Art of Film Storytelling
- Directors' Prep: Everything You Need to Know Before You Shout ‘Action!’
- Storyboarding for Directors: Practical 5-Day Workshop with Filming
- Kate Leys Story Surgery
- Kate Leys Guide to Writing Treatments & Outlines
- Writers' Gym Weekender: Intensive 2-Day Workshop
- The Director/Writer Collaboration: From Script to Screen
- Deconstructing the Soundtrack: A School of Sound Masterclass
- Chris Terrill: One Man And His Camera
- Crossplatform Storytelling, Development & Production
- Crossplatform Story Surgery
- The Editor At Work: Thematic Subtexts, Dramatic Patterns and Rhythms
- Writing Biopics and Docudramas for Film & TV
- Sound & Music Techniques for Narrative Filmmaking
- How to Set Up and Run a Production Company
- An Introduction to Digital Colour Grading
- Documentary Ideas Surgery
How to book your Directors' Package:
- Go to the LFS Payment Area.
- Add 3 or more workshops to your basket.
- 'View Basket' and enter the following Coupon code: directorspackage
- 'Update Basket' and check out.
- Start planning how to spend all the money you've saved!
Directors' Package Rules (Terms & Conditions):
- To qualify for the 20% discount, a minimum of 3 workshops must be booked within the same transaction.
- This offer is restricted to the workshops listed above (e.g. it does not apply to the LFS Summer Schools, or to Udayan Prasad's and Tim Fywell's working with actors courses).
- Places are subject to availability and are allocated on a first come first served basis until each workshop is full. Early booking is therefore advised.
- The Directors' Package discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer (e.g. Early Birds).
- Our normal Refunds and Cancellations Policy applies.
If you have a question about the Directors' Package, please email firstname.lastname@example.org