International Students / Tier 4 Visas

If you are an international (non-EEA) student coming to the UK for a full-time degree course lasting six months or more, you will need a Tier 4 (General) Student Visa.

The UK Government requires international students to be sponsored by a licensed sponsor such as London Film School.

Once you have received an unconditional offer, we will contact you about the requirements and steps that need to be completed before we can issue a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) which you will need in order to apply for your Student Visa.

We have prepared a document for international applicants, outlining key facts about Tier 4 visas, the requirements and links to important websites from the Home Office. The document can be found here:

For applicants due to start in August 2020 or September 2020: PDF icon Tier 4 Student Visa LFS Process

Applicants should note that we have a limited number of CASs available annually; the CAS is tentatively allocated to an applicant with an unconditional offer on a first-come-first-served basis.

For further information or advice, please contact

All international applicants are strongly advised to read guidance from the Home Office and UK Visas and Immigration carefully to ensure they understand the process and requirements in full, including English language requirements, document checks and levels of funds required to apply for a Tier 4 visa.

If you have previously completed an undergraduate degree in the UK or are currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree programme, please contact our Admissions Manager, Annette Streete at, before applying to study with us.


The London Film School is a member of UKCISA, the UK Council for International Student Affairs, which also provides useful for international students who wish to study in the UK:

Areas that may be of particular interest include Preparing & PlanningFees & Finance, and Immigration.