Complete your loan agreement (MPN) for each loan type
Please complete your loan agreement (MPNs) on StudentLoans.gov. As we are a foreign school to the US, new MPNs must be completed every year of study you apply for a federal loan at LFS. You must complete an MPN for each type of loan you are taking, Graduates: complete up to two MPNs - one for the unsubsidized loan and one for the Grad PLUS loan.
Complete Annual Student Loan Acknowledgement
Complete the Annual FSA Student Loan Acknowledgement module in order to help you understand your loans and how they affect your financial future. If this is your first time accepting a federal student loan, you are acknowledging that you understand your responsibility to repay your loan. If you have existing federal student loans, you are acknowledging that you understand how much you owe and how much more you are eligible to borrow.
Complete Entrance Counselling
An applicant must complete entrance counselling for each loan type they are taking. Please complete the entrance counselling using the StudentLoans.gov link.
As we process your loan, we will need a number of documents from you. Some of those we’ll be able to obtain ourselves, others we’ll need you to send to us. We will write to you as and when we need documents from you. To give you an idea of the types of documents needed to process your loan, we’ve included a non-exhaustive list below. The list includes both documents we may need you to provide and documents we obtain ourselves directly from the U.S.
- A scan of your passport to confirm eligibility
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)/Student Aid Report (SAR)
- Master Promissory Note(s)
- Credit check (Direct PLUS loans only)
- Evidence of completed Entrance Counselling (new students only)
- Evidence of completed Financial Awareness Counselling (continuing students only)
- Completed Cost of Attendance spreadsheet
- Signed financial aid offer letter Once your loan has been successfully processed, we will send you all the details, including the letter required for your Student Route Visa via email.
Please note: we will not issue a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) required for the Student Route Visa application until we have sent the Loan Notification Letter or Visa Letter.