Selling, Marketing & Distributing Film: The Process, Demystified
Duration: 2 days
Times: approx. 9.30am-6pm (plus Fri eve networking drinks)
Capacity: Max. 25-30 participants
Fee: £300 10% discount available until 5th May.
Do you know how your project fits into the marketplace, and what practical things you can do to ensure a greater chance of success? Do you want to make films, but have no idea of how to get them to be seen by an audience?
Do you know exactly how the international and domestic marketplaces work? Do you know exactly what a sales agent and distributor does and why?
Have you been involved in making a film and found that part easy but been completely mystified by the sales, distribution and marketing process? Do you worry about how the business models are changing but not know how to keep up?
In this intensive 2-day workshop, Oscar winning producer and marketeer Mia Bays presents an A-Z guide to the current sales marketing and distribution landscape, with advice and contacts from over 20 years in the film industry.
The workshop features:
- Industry guests, including leading independent distributors, sales agents, marketeers, digital specialists, producers and cinema bookers. They'll be discussing strategy, implementation and results across UK and International.
- Case studies of recent and forthcoming UK cinema releases.
- Extensive access to the facts, figures and tricks of the trade from an insider's point of view.
- Networking drinks at LFS.
Ideal for producers, writers, directors and other film professionals at all levels from entry level to veterans – top up your knowledge!
INDUSTRY GUESTS FOR JULY 2018 INCLUDED:
- Matt Baker, Head of Production & Acquisitions for Hanway (Brooklyn, Carol, Anomalisa)
- Kate Muir, one of the UK's leading film critics and feature film writers
- Kristin Ryan, Director of Marketing and Home Entertainment at Studio Canal
- Charles Gant, film critic and editor of the Guardian Box Office blog
- Lydia Penke, who will share her insight into the work of a cinema programmer for Curzon Cinemas
- Andrew Woodyatt, Exhibition and distribution marketing specialist
- Paul Ridd, Acquisitions and Distibution Executive, Picturehouse Entertainment
*Please note that speakers and timings are subject to changes.
Watch Mia in action! The following videos are excerpts from the 2012 Fast Forward Producing programme at LFS.