Duration: 1 day
Capacity: Approx. 16 participants
Fee: £125 10% Early Bird discount available until 5th May.
- The role of the script editor within the production team.
- How to develop a strong relationship with your writer, and how to win their trust.
- How to interpret the views of the producer, executive producer, commissioner and director, and understand the impact they'll have on your writer.
- Giving written and verbal feedback and presenting notes.
- How to make sure you know your script inside out, in all its drafts.
- What makes a writer want to hold on to a script editor and work with them on future projects.
- Writing programme summaries, episode outlines and character thumbnails.
With a wide range of practical exercises, recorded and live contributions from experienced writers and script editors offering advice at every turn, this one day course will hone your editing skills, build your confidence, and arm you with a range of techniques which will work for you.