Duration: 1 day
Capacity: Max. 12 participants
In this one-day course, we explore:
- The role of the script editor as part of the production team.
- Interpreting the views of the producer, executive producer, commissioner and director, and supporting the writer in negotiating with these.
- Strategies towards building a strong relationship with a writer, based on knowledge of opportunities and limitations, and trust.
- Giving written as well as verbal feedback and dealing with notes.
- Writing Script Reports: Getting to know the script inside out.
- Writing programme summaries, episode outlines and character thumbnails.
Our initial exploration of key concepts leads us to practical exercises, which we will apply to industry workflows in order to hone your script editing skills. This will provide you with a range of techniques to work with screenwriters and producers and creates an opportunity to build your confidence in applying these practices.