Our Directors' Package allows those who book 3 or more directing workshops to claim a 20% discount. With a guaranteed saving of over £100, there's never been a better way to come and see what we're up to at LFS!
Wherever you find the green Directors' Package logo you'll find a tried-and-tested workshop, led by a top quality tutor - and a fantastic opportunity to save.
Topics include working with actors, working with writers, visual storytelling, character, storyboarding, pitching your film, prepping your film for production... and more!
Click on the course titles below to learn more about the workshops available. Scroll through the testimonials on the right to find out how the previous participants for these workshops fed back. And when you're ready, get all the booking information you need at the bottom of this page.
Directors' Package Workshops:
This 1-day workshop with script editor Kate Leys introduces the art and craft of storytelling for film by focusing on the heart of your story: character.
Date: Fri 20 July 2018
Normal fee: £125 Package fee: £100
The Director/Writer Collaboration: From Script to Screen
Featuring practical writing and directing exercises, and examples of filmed projects – as they appear on the page and in their final incarnation on screen - this is a weekend course for Directors and Writers who want to up their game.
Date: Sat 8 & Sun 9 Sept 2018
Normal fee: £250 Package fee: £200
Directing Commercials Bootcamp
In this 2-day bootcamp with director Aasaf Ainapore, you’ll learn how to direct commercials and branded content for broadcast and the web.
Date: Sat 15 & Sun 16 Sept 2018
Normal fee: £375 Package fee: £300
Crossplatform Storytelling, Development & Production
This 2-day workshop by storycentral, introduces you to the exciting possibilities that a digital strategy and experience design could bring to your projects.
Date: Sat 1 & Sun 2 Dec 2018
Normal fee: £250 Package fee: £200
Other workshops included in the package are listed below. They will be available to book as soon as new dates have been confirmed:
- Kate Leys Guide to Writing Treatments & Outlines
- Writers' Gym Weekender: Intensive 2-Day Workshop
- Deconstructing the Soundtrack: A School of Sound Masterclass
- An Introduction to Digital Colour Grading
- Chris Terrill: One Man And His Camera
- The Director/Actor Collaboration: Essential Techniques for Directors
- Crossplatform Story Surgery
- The Editor At Work: Thematic Subtexts, Dramatic Patterns and Rhythms
- Beyond the Selfie: Filmmaking Skills for the Smartphone Era
- Working on Film: The Director/Actor Collaboration
- Sound & Music Techniques for Narrative Filmmaking
- Inside the UK Writers’ Room: TV Drama Demystified
- Directors' Prep: Everything You Need to Know Before You Shout 'Action!'
- Visual Storytelling: An Introduction for Directors, Writers & Producers
- Documentary Ideas Surgery
- Selling, Marketing & Distributing Film: The Process, Demystified
- How to Set Up and Run a Production Company
How to book your Directors' Package:
- Go to the LFS Payment Area.
- Add 3 or more workshops to your basket.
- 'View Basket' and enter the following Coupon code: directorspackage
- 'Update Basket' and check out.
- Start planning how to spend all the money you've saved!
Directors' Package Rules (Terms & Conditions):
- To qualify for the 20% discount, a minimum of 3 workshops must be booked within the same transaction.
- This offer is restricted to the workshops listed above (e.g. it does not apply to the LFS Summer Schools or to Udayan Prasad's working with actors course).
- Places are subject to availability and are allocated on a first come first served basis until each workshop is full. Early booking is therefore advised.
- The Directors' Package discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer (e.g. Early Birds).
- Our normal Refunds and Cancellations Policy applies.
If you have a question about the Directors' Package, please email email@example.com