Our Directors' Package allows those who book 3 or more directing workshops to claim a 20% discount. With a guaranteed saving of over £50, there's never been a better way to come and see what we're up to at LFS!
Wherever you find the green Directors' Package logo you'll find a tried-and-tested workshop, led by a top quality tutor - and a fantastic opportunity to save.
Topics include working with actors, working with writers, visual storytelling, character, storyboarding, pitching your film, prepping your film for production... and more!
Click on the course titles below to learn more about the workshops available. Scroll through the testimonials on the right to find out how the previous participants for these workshops fed back. And when you're ready, get all the booking information you need at the bottom of this page.
Directors' Package Workshops:
Visual Storytelling: An Intro for Directors, Writers & Producers
How do you tell a story visually? This 2-day workshop, takes participants shot by shot into the heart of cinema.
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2020 to Sun, 23 Feb 2020
Normal fee: £250 Package fee: £200
Directing Commercials Bootcamp
With this 2-day intensive bootcamp, you’ll learn how to direct commercials and branded content for broadcast and the web.
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2020 to Sun, 26 Apr 2020
Normal fee: £375 Package fee: £300
Introduction to Intimacy Coordination
This workshop will provide you with best practices for scenes involving physical intimacy and allow you to open up a safe space for creative exploration.
Date: Sat, 2 May 2020 to Sun, 3 May 2020
Normal fee: £200 Package fee: £160
How to Set Up and Run a Production Company
This 1-day workshop with producer Tracey Gardiner is designed to provide a practical guide for anyone who has ever considered setting up and running their own independent production company.
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2020
Normal fee: £150 Package fee: £120
Other workshops included in the package are listed below. They will be available to book as soon as new dates have been confirmed:
- Kate Leys Guide to Writing Treatments & Outlines
- Story Is Character: The Art of Film Storytelling
- Writers' Gym Weekender: Intensive 2-Day Workshop
- Documentary Ideas Surgery
- Adapting the Novel for Film & TV
- Directors' Prep: Everything You Need to Know Before You Shout 'Action!'
- Selling, Marketing & Distributing Film: The Process Demystified
- Crossplatform Story Surgery
- Script Editing
- The Director/Writer Collaboration: From Script to Screen
- Crossplatform Storytelling, Development & Production
- Directors' Prep: Everything You Need To Know Before You Shout 'Action!'
- Deconstructing the Soundtrack: A School of Sound Masterclass
- The Editor At Work: Thematic Subtexts, Dramatic Patterns and Rhythms
- Sound & Music Techniques for Narrative Filmmaking
- Inside the UK Writers’ Room: TV Drama Demystified
- The Director/Actor Collaboration: Essential Techniques for Directors
How to book your Directors' Package:
- Go to the LFS Payment Area.
- Add 3 or more workshops to your basket.
- 'View Basket' and enter the following Coupon code: directorspackage
- 'Update Basket' and check out.
- Start planning how to spend all the money you've saved!
Directors' Package Rules (Terms & Conditions):
- To qualify for the 20% discount, a minimum of 3 workshops must be booked within the same transaction.
- This offer is restricted to the workshops listed above (e.g. it does not apply to the LFS Summer Schools or to Udayan Prasad's working with actors course).
- Places are subject to availability and are allocated on a first come first served basis until each workshop is full. Early booking is therefore advised.
- The Directors' Package discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer (e.g. Early Birds).
- Our normal Refunds and Cancellations Policy applies.
If you have a question about the Directors' Package, please email firstname.lastname@example.org