PRESS RELEASE - LONDON, 25.03.2019
London Film School is now a registered higher education provider with the Office for Students (OfS)
London Film School (LFS) is proud to announce that we have been accepted onto the OfS Register of English higher education providers. This means the School meets the OfS requirements for academic standards, course quality, student support, and student protection.
The OfS is the new independent regulator of higher education in England. Its aim is to ensure that every student, whatever their background, will have a fulfilling higher education experience.
All registered providers are regulated by the OfS and are assessed against the same criteria.
As part of the registration process, the School demonstrated that it
- provides well-designed courses that deliver a high-quality academic experience for all students;
- supports students from admission through to completion;
- awards qualifications that hold their value over time, in line with recognised standards;
- pays regard to guidance about how to comply with consumer protection law;
- has a published student protection plan setting out the risks, course, campus or provider closure and how it will protect students’ interests in such an event;
- has the financial resources to provide and deliver the courses advertised;
- has the management and governance arrangements necessary to provide and deliver the courses advertised.
The CEO and Director of London Film School, Gisli Snaer, said: “This is another milestone in LFS’s maturity as the longest established film school in the UK. It demonstrates our teaching, and learning quality and is further recognition of the School’s commitment to excellence supporting our vision to be a leading film school.”
The registration enables students to apply for financial support when applying for LFS MA programmes.
For more information, see www.officeforstudents.org.uk/the-register